Site Search:

Other organisations who may be able to assist with your enquiry or complaint

Professional Accountancy Bodies

The professional accountancy bodies below are responsible for dealing with complaints or allegations of misconduct against accountants or accountancy firms who are members of that organisation. If you are unsure which organisation to contact, you can ask the professional body to confirm if the individual or firm is a member.

Institute and Faculty of Actuaries

Responsible for allegations of professional misconduct against actuaries.

Financial Conduct Authority

Regulates and supervises the conduct of financial services firms with the power to intervene when firms treat consumers unfairly or behave in ways that risk the integrity of the market. The FCA also regulates non-financial service firms that provide consumer credit such as short-term loans and store cards.

Financial Ombudsmen Service

Provides an independent complaints scheme for settling disputes between financial services and their customers. Deals with complaints about a range of financial matters.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

Responsible for investigating and preventing tax evasion and tax avoidance by businesses and individuals.

Insolvency Service

Responsible for the regulation of the UK insolvency profession and dealing with complaints about insolvency practitioners, breaches of law by a director of an insolvent company or a bankrupt co-director of a company that is still trading. Also deals with complaints about the misuse of the administration process or any other corporate insolvency procedure.    


The Pensions Regulator

Deals with complaints about alleged non- compliance with pensions legislation by pension scheme providers

The Prudential Regulatory Authority

Responsible for the supervision of banks, building societies, credit unions and major investment firms. 

Serious Fraud Office

Investigates and prosecutes allegations of serious or complex fraud, bribery and corruption.

Quick Links
Subscribe to our newsletter and alerts
The Financial Reporting Council Limited is a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England number 2486368. Registered Office: 8th Floor, 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AS