Published: 25 September 2023
2 minute read
Temporary Accessibility Statement for Financial Reporting Council (October 2023)
This accessibility statement applies to www.frc.org.uk and its sub-domains (referred to as the “Websites”). The Websites are owned and operated by the Financial Reporting Council (“FRC”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- use the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- some documents have poor colour contrast
- many documents are in PDF format and are still not accessible
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible is the FRC Website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. Many are missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
- there are videos on the website that do not have embedded captions
- there are podcasts on the website that do not provide transcripts
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
- If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, please contact [email protected]. In your message, please include:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your email address and name
- the format you need - for example, plain text or large print
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The FRC is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible www.frc.org.uk is.We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to decide on a sample of pages to test.
We also tested a sample of pages involved in applying for licences.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We prioritise inclusivity at the FRC and while our documentation is partially compliant with WCAG-EM, we are dedicated to making ongoing improvements for all of our stakeholders.
This statement serves as a temporary outline of our accessibility alignment until the new website (launched 5 October 2023) has been established and feedback obtained to further support our disclosure on the matter. This includes but is not limited to Non-accessible content, any disproportionate burden statements, or disclosure on content out of scope of accessibility regulation and actions taken. We intend to update from a temporary accessibility statement to a full version by February 2024 or earlier.
Preparation of this accessibility
This statement was prepared on 4 October 2023.