The FRC responds to the 2018 report from the Hampton Alexander Review
13 November 2018
Responding to the 2018 report from the Hampton Alexander Review, Tracy Vegro, Executive Director Strategy & Resources at the FRC said:
“We welcome the progress that has been made on diversity in British boardrooms but the pace at which FTSE 350 Boards need to appoint more women if the Hampton Alexander target is to be met, shows momentum must be maintained. Boards and senior management make better decisions if they take account of a diverse range of views and avoid “group-think”. In the year when we remember 100 years of women’s suffrage there is much to celebrate about gender diversity, but we must all now rise to the challenge of embedding diversity.”
Notes to editors:
- The FRC’s mission is to promote transparency and integrity in business. The FRC sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes and UK standards for accounting and actuarial work; monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting; and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. As the competent authority for audit in the UK the FRC sets auditing and ethical standards and monitors and enforces audit quality.
- All Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: email@example.com.
- Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: email@example.com.
- If you no longer wish to receive press releases from the FRC please email firstname.lastname@example.org