Stephen Haddrill to step down from Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
02 November 2018
Stephen Haddrill has informed the Board of the FRC that he intends to step down from his role as Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council in late 2019. The exact date of his departure will depend on a number of factors including the outcome of Sir John Kingman’s review of the FRC, the search for his successor, and any agreed transition period associated with that appointment.
Stephen Haddrill said:
“I am incredibly proud to have led the FRC for nearly 9 years. However, I believe that it should be the job of a new CEO to lead the FRC when the way ahead is decided. In the meantime, I remain fully committed to taking forward the FRC’s important programmes on audit reform, investor stewardship, corporate reporting and preparing the FRC for EU exit.”
FRC Chairman Sir Win Bischoff said:
“I would personally like to thank Stephen and also on behalf of the Board, Committees and Councils of the FRC for his leadership and commitment over this significant period in our history”.
Notes to editors:
- The FRC’s mission is to promote transparency and integrity in business. The FRC sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes and UK standards for accounting and actuarial work; monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting; and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. As the competent authority for audit in the UK the FRC sets auditing and ethical standards and monitors and enforces audit quality.
- All Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: email@example.com.
- Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: email@example.com.
- If you no longer wish to receive press releases from the FRC please email firstname.lastname@example.org