FRC Board Appointment
30 November 2016
Paul Druckman has been appointed to the Board of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) with effect from 1 January 2017. He will join the Codes and Standards Committee and become Chair of the Corporate Reporting Council from the same date.
Paul Druckman led the International Integrated Reporting Council as CEO for five years. He is Chairman of The Clear Group, an independent UK insurance broker. Highlights of his career include being a successful software entrepreneur and chair of The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S) Executive Board.
Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman of the FRC, said,
“I am pleased to welcome Paul Druckman to the FRC Board. Paul is a committed global leader in capital market reform - from corporate governance to reporting, accounting and sustainability. His business experience, including in start-up and growing businesses, will be valuable as the FRC responds to the Government’s review of corporate governance and prepares for Brexit.”
Paul Druckman said,
“The FRC in the UK is known and respected internationally. The eyes of the world will be on the UK in the coming years. I am keen to draw on my contacts and experience in international best practice, in the public interest on behalf of the FRC.”
Notes to editors:
1. The FRC is responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment. We are the UK competent authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We represent UK interests in international standard-setting. We also monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and auditing. We operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries; and oversee the regulatory activities of the accountancy and actuarial professional bodies.
2. Between 2003 and 2007 Paul Druckman was a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of the FRC. Further career highlights include:
- Chief Executive Officer - International Integrated Reporting Council
- Chairman - Sustainability Group - Federation des Experts Comptables Europeens
- Chairman – CCAB - Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies
- President and Office Holder - Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.