The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) announces new appointments to the Conduct Committee, Audit & Assurance Council and Monitoring Committee.
The new members are:
- Peter Baxter, previously Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of Old Mutual Asset Managers (UK) Ltd., joins the Conduct Committee.
- Kari Hale, Audit Partner, Deloitte LLP, joins the Audit and Assurance Council.
- James Coyle, previously Group Financial Controller, Lloyds Banking Group, joins the Monitoring Committee.
Stephen Haddrill, CEO of the Financial Reporting Council said;
“Our Committees and Councils are paramount in achieving the FRC’s mission to foster investment through promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting. Peter, Kari and James bring a wide range of experience and perspectives to the FRC, including investor relations, accounting expertise and insight on audit.”
Notes to editors:
- The FRC is responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment. We set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We represent UK interests in international standard-setting. We also monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and auditing. We operate independent disciplinary arrangements for accountants and actuaries; and oversee the regulatory activities of the accountancy and actuarial professional bodies.
- The FRC’s Committees and Councils are responsible for advising the FRC Board on financial reporting standards, monitoring international financial reporting developments while also providing strategic input and thought leadership in the field of financial reporting.