FRC appoints Mike Suffield Acting Executive Director of Audit and Actuarial Regulation
04 July 2018
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) announces that Mike Suffield will be acting Executive Director of Audit and Actuarial Regulation following confirmation that Melanie Hind is stepping down to take up a family opportunity overseas. Mike Suffield will join the FRC’s Executive Committee and report to the FRC’s Chief Executive Stephen Haddrill.
Mike Suffield joined the FRC in July 2016 as Director of Audit Quality. He will take up this role at the beginning of August.
Melanie Hind joined the FRC in June 2012 and held the position of Executive Director, Codes and Standards before assuming her current role in April 2016. Melanie led the reform of UK GAAP and the development of the UK Corporate Governance Code. She steered the FRC’s Audit and Actuarial Division through a period of change, including becoming the UK’s competent authority for statutory audit, and played a major role in ensuring the UK audit regime is a benchmark, admired internationally.
Mike Suffield is a qualified chartered accountant. Prior to joining the FRC he was a Lead Director at the National Audit Office which he joined in 1995. He joined Coopers & Lybrand (now PwC) in 1988 and trained as an auditor.
Notes to editors:
- The FRC’s mission is to promote transparency and integrity in business. The FRC sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes and UK standards for accounting and actuarial work; monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting; and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. As the competent authority for audit in the UK the FRC sets auditing and ethical standards and monitors and enforces audit quality.
- All Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: email@example.com.
- Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you no longer wish to receive press releases from the FRC please email email@example.com