TAS Post-implementation Reviews
During 2012 and 2013, we reviewed the impact of the TASs, considering pensions and insurance work separately. We sought feedback from practitioners, users, regulators and other stakeholders on:
- what changes have been made to how actuarial work is performed;
- how the TASs have affected users and their decisions;
- the costs of transition to the TAS regime and the longer term costs of compliance with the TASs;
- what benefits have arisen from the introduction of the TASs;
- what difficulties have been encountered in complying with the TASs; and
- whether there is any additional support practitioners and users might find useful.
In August 2013, the FRC published the results of its review on how the TASs have affected practitioners and users of actuarial work in pensions.
TAS post-implementation review - pensions (August 2013) (PDF)
In January 2014, the FRC published the results of its review on how the TASs have affected practitioners and users of actuarial work in insurance.
TAS post-implementation review - insurance (January 2014) (PDF)