Thank you for your interest in non-executive roles at the FRC.
Tribunal Panel members
We are recruiting for Legal Chairs and lay members of the independent Tribunal Panel.
We also welcome enquiries from accountants, auditors or actuaries who have an interest in joining the Panel as professional members.
Information on the Tribunal Panel roles
Tribunal Panel Legal Chair job advert
Tribunal Panel Legal Chair job information pack April 2022
Tribunal Panel lay member job advert
Tribunal Panel lay member job information pack
How to apply for a position on the Tribunal Panel
All members of the Tribunal Panel are appointed by the independent Appointment Committee. The Appointment Committee welcome applications for individuals who wish to utilise their skills and experience to support and promote the public interest by helping to maintain public confidence in the high standards and integrity of the accounting, actuarial and audit professions in the UK.
The Appointment Committee have established the following process for receiving applications.
1. Please read through the relevant job advert and job information packs above to gain an understanding of the role, its responsibilities and eligibility criteria.
2. Complete the online Microsoft Forms application form.The form asks you to demonstrate, with real life examples, how you meet the core competencies required of a Tribunal Panel member.
3. Email a recent CV to email@example.com which will be matched with your submitted application form. Applications must be received by 6 June 2022. No covering letters please.
4. Candidates will be shortlisted by the Appointment Committee in June and invited to interview.
5. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted by the Appointment Committee, normally via Teams on 4 and 8 July 2022.
6. If you are successful at interview, you will be asked to provide a confirmation from your professional body of your relevant qualification and good standing in their profession and two referees who are able to provide relevant feedback on your professional knowledge and character.
7. The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to making inclusive appointments. Applications can apply under the Disability Confident scheme or can request reasonable adjustments via the online application form.
Please do not complete the application form on our Careers page of the FRC website as this is designed for executive staff positions only.
For any further questions, please contact Anna Byrne on firstname.lastname@example.org
The FRC Board
Non-executive members of the Board are appointed by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Board Committee members
The FRC's three regulatory committees and two business committees are populated by non-executive members of the Board.
The FRC's Advisory Panel
We are not currently recruiting for the FRC's non-executive Advisory Panel.
We will be launching a recruitment campaign for an actuarial member to support the Regulatory Standards and Codes division and a non-practising former audit partner to support the Enforcement division later in 2022