January 2022 editions of accounting standards issued
31 January 2022
The FRC has today issued January 2022 editions of UK and Ireland accounting standards. These editions reflect the amendments made since the previous editions were issued in 2018, as well as changes in Irish company law, resulting in a single up‑to‑date reference point for each standard.
In addition, the FRC has issued revised editions of the Foreword to Accounting Standards
and Overview of the financial reporting framework
that reflect developments in accounting standards, legislation and regulation.
The documents issued are:
- Foreword to Accounting Standards;
- Overview of the financial reporting framework;
- FRS 101 Reduced Disclosure Framework;
- FRS 102 The Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland;
- FRS 103 Insurance Contracts;
- Implementation Guidance to accompany FRS 103 Insurance Contracts;
- FRS 104 Interim Financial Reporting; and
- FRS 105 The Financial Reporting Standard applicable to the Micro-entities Regime.
A new edition of FRS 100 will be issued following changes to this standard expected later this year.