Financial Reporting Lab Conference: Reporting Now
21 Jun 2018 2:30pm to 5:30pm
Location: etc Venues, 200 Aldersgate, St. Paul’s, London EC1A 4HD
Thursday 21 June 2018, from 14:30 to 17:30, followed by networking.
You are warmly invited to attend the Financial Reporting Lab’s 2018 conference. The conference will look at past, present and future reporting challenges that the Lab has looked at, or will be addressing, in its projects. It will include a presentation of how past Lab reports have influenced reporting practices, as well as looking at the challenges in company reporting over the next five years.
The conference will involve a series of presentations and panels, followed by an open discussion when you will be able to ask questions and share your own experiences. A panel of company representatives and investors will discuss their experiences in participating in the Lab’s work as well as what they see as the most challenging aspects of reporting in the future. You will also hear about the Lab’s recent projects on business models and risk and viability reporting and the findings from the Lab’s latest projects on performance metrics and the digital future.
This event will be of interest to companies, investors, auditors and advisors who are involved in corporate reporting. It is also an opportunity for those companies and investors that have not previously taken part in Lab projects to find out more about the Lab and how to participate.
The event will begin at 14:30 and finish at 17:30, followed by an opportunity to network.
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm Registration
- 3:00pm – 3:10pm Introduction from Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman of the Financial Reporting Council
- 3:10pm – 3:25pm Findings from Lab Implementation Studies
- 3:25pm – 4:10pm <Reporting Past>
This session will discuss developments in reporting following the Lab’s reports on aspects of the strategic report (business model reporting, risk and viability statements and dividend disclosures). Panellists include:
- Gary Collett, Vice President, Corporate Risk and Risk Finance, IHG
- Susan Swabey, Company Secretary, Smith and Nephew
- Freddie Woolfe, Head of Responsible Investment and Stewardship, Old Mutual Global Investors
- Panel moderator – Thomas Toomse-Smith, Project Director, FRC Lab
- 4:10pm – 4:25pm Break
- 4:25pm – 4:40pm Recent projects – Digital Future and Performance Metrics
- 4:40pm – 5:25pm <Reporting Future>
This session will consider the challenges to reporting in the future, and how the Lab is addressing these through its projects on performance metrics and the Digital Future. Panellists include:
- Ben Yeoh, Senior Portfolio Manager, RBC Global Asset Managemento
- Stephanie Maier, Director, Responsible Investment, HSBC Global Asset Management
- Douglas Radcliffe, Group Investor Relations Director, Lloyds Banking Group plc
- Alex Henderson, Group Company Secretary, Hill & Smith Holdings plc
- Panel moderator – Sallie Pilot, Director, Black Sun Plc
- 5:25pm – 5:30pm Closing remarks
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm Networking