IASB and the UK Endorsement Board joint event on the General Presentation and Disclosures Exposure Draft
06 Aug 2020 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Location: A link to attend the webinar will be sent to registered attendees prior to the event.
IASB and the UK Endorsement Board invite you to a joint outreach event on 6 August 2020 to discuss the proposals in the IASB's General Presentation and Disclosures Exposure Draft.
The event will explore the following key topics from the IASB’s proposals:
- Comparability and relevance: achieving the right balance
Proposed subtotals for the statement of profit or loss
- Disaggregation and the usefulness of financial information
Analysis of operating expenses by nature; the future of the ‘other’ category
- Understanding the past and predicting the future
Proposals for management performance measures and unusual items
- Is consistency always the best answer?
Proposed changes to the statement of cash flows
We are excited to welcome the following panellists to this event:
- Nick Anderson, IASB Board Member
- Chris Buckley, former Director, External Reporting, GlaxoSmithKline
- Jeremy Stuber, Global Equity Analyst, Newton Investment Management
- Alison Stiles, UK Endorsement Board Project Director
The panel will be moderated by Seema Jamil-O’Neill, UK Endorsement Board Technical Director.
IASB staff will present an overview of proposals from the Exposure Draft, and there will be an opportunity to submit questions to the panel before and during the event.
Registration for the webinar is on a first come basis and places are limited. The deadline for registration is 3 August 2020.
for a link to the Exposure Draft in full.
If you are unable to attend the webinar but wish to be involved in other outreach activity, then please contact us at GPD@frc.org.uk.