Audit Committee Seminar 2017
04 Oct 2017 3:30pm to 7:00pm
Location: Financial Reporting Council, 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AS
On 4 October (3.30pm for a 4pm start to 5.30pm followed by networking until 7pm) the FRC’s annual seminar for audit committee members will take place at the Financial Reporting Council. We will discuss aspects of the FRC’s work of particular relevance to audit committees and regulatory changes in the audit market.
Please note: This event is for audit committee chairs and members only.
Please extend the invite to other members of your audit committee.
Introduction – promoting engagement with audit committees; key issues - Stephen Haddrill, FRC's Chief Executive
- FRC initiatives for audit committee members and chairs to participate in
Corporate Reporting: current challenges – Speaker TBC
Corporate Reporting update – Paul George, FRC's Executive Director for Corporate Governance and Reporting
- Findings from regulatory review
- New accountancy standards (IFRS) and what is coming up
- Broader reporting - Strategic report and Section 172
Audit update – Melanie McLaren, FRC's Executive Director for Audit
- Our findings
- Questions you should be asking
- Things you should be paying attention to
Investors – Paul Lee, Standard Life Aberdeen
- What are they looking for in engagement with audit committees
- What they want