Audit and Actuarial Regulation
The Audit and Actuarial Regulation division encompasses the FRC’s audit and assurance standards and guidance, monitoring, and professional oversight, functions.
Our work includes:
- development and maintenance of auditing and assurance standards and guidance for engagements that are performed in the public interest within the United Kingdom;
- direct monitoring of the auditors of public interest entities (PIEs) and large AIM quoted companies and Lloyd's Syndicates;
- oversight and regulation of the Recognised Supervisory Bodies in their performance of the Regulatory Tasks delegated to them by the FRC as the Competent Authority for statutory audit and Recognised Qulifying Bodies;
- setting of technical actuarial standards and independent oversight of the regulation of the actuarial profession by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA);
- research and thematic studies.
You can read more about each individual function under each of the sections below.